Unfortunately, it is impossible to get to the drum of the washing machine without fully disassembling the appliance, and it is not worth trying. The drum of the washing machine can be thoroughly cleaned in other ways.
Use special cleaners for cleaning the drum of the washing machine and, in fact, the insides of the washing machine, which can be used from time to time to wash the washing machine empty on high heat. These cleaners will clean the inside of the drum and dissolve any residual detergent, gel tablets and fabric softener in the folds of the gasket and in the tubes that carry the detergent and fabric softener. This not only keeps the drum clean, but also removes limescale and odors from the washer. Wash the drum and the inside of your washing machine this way about once every three months.
Even if you can’t completely avoid regular cleaning, it’s always best to prevent and eliminate mold and odors as much as possible. Here are some basic tips:
- Dose laundry detergent according to the directions and water hardness. The same goes for fabric softener. Definitely don’t overdo it with laundry detergent and fabric softener.
- To avoid unpleasant odors, leave the washing machine door ajar after washing to let the drum dry.
- Do the same with the detergent and fabric softener dispenser, which can be rinsed under running water beforehand.
- Thoroughly and regularly ventilate the washing machine.
- Wash your laundry at least once a month, ideally twice a month at 60 °C or 90 °C. There may be towels, bedclothes or kitchen towels in the house that also come in handy.
Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company proudly offers efficient washer repair service in the San Diego County and the surrounding areas. Our team of experts are well-equipped and ready to handle all types of washing machine repairs no matter how complex they are. We’re committed to providing excellent repairs using only the highest-quality spare parts backed by the manufacturer’s warranty, so you can depend on your washer repair specialist to fix the problem, and ensure your appliance will perform properly well for a long time.