Any household appliance has its own limited lifespan, no matter how much it costs and what manufacturer it is.
Of course, many household appliances can work much longer than the manufacturer indicates. The same situation is with dishwashers. Although, to tell the truth, nothing lasts forever, and the dishwasher can fail in its work.
There is nothing terrible in this and you should not panic immediately, as housewives often do, not all breakdowns are straightforward and terrible, everything is repairable, the main thing is to correctly identify the breakdown and then also correctly eliminate it.
The first thing I want to say is that you need to take into account how many years you have been using the device, if the dishwasher has failed to work, having served you for more than seven years, then you need to understand that, most likely, its parts have simply worn out and need to be replaced. If you have just purchased a new dishwasher, and it stopped working correctly, then you need to look for the cause. There may be several reasons, and we will talk about them below:
- Poor quality assembly of the dishwasher components. To prevent this from happening, it is worth buying equipment from trusted manufacturers.
- Very often the dishwasher filter is clogged. This problem can be solved, by just properly performing the preparation of dishes before putting them in the dishwasher chamber. If the dishes are not cleaned properly, then coarse food residues contribute to clogging the filter.
- The problem is in the socket or power cord. To understand that this is the problem, they must be checked with a tester.
- The dishwasher was not properly connected to the communication system of the house.
- The use of poor quality detergent.
- Incorrectly loaded dishes into the appliance. It is necessary to carefully study the user manual, which describes in detail how to use the appliance.
- The dishwasher door is not tightly closed and therefore the dishwashing program does not start. Check whether the door is tightly closed when loading the machine.
If all of the above did not help you to eliminate the problem, it means that your dishwasher has failed parts. What kind of parts? We will talk about this further in our article.
THE DISHWASHER DOES NOT START THE WASHING PROCESS
And so, having turned on the device, you saw that the indication on the panel lit up, heard the noise of water, the heating element is working, but the washing process does not start, it should be understood that there was a malfunction. What could have led to this, and what faults can be expected in this case?
- you need to clean the filter, which can be found at the bottom of the device. It must be removed and cleaned.
- The nozzles need to be cleaned. Very often this leads to the fact that the dishwasher sprayers cannot spray water normally due to clogged nozzles. The nozzles are also responsible for water pressure, so the dishes will not be washed properly if they are clogged. You can fix the problem yourself, using a toothpick, and clean the nozzles.
- The circulation pump of the dishwasher has failed. This pump is responsible for supplying water to the sprayers. Here you can not do it with a toothpick, as you will need to replace the part with a new one. If you have no idea how to do this, do not risk it, but call the master.
- Another problem, because the dishwasher does not start, is a blown motor winding. You can check whether the motor is working or not using a tester.
THE DISHWASHER COLLECTS A LARGE AMOUNT OF WATER
There are cases when water in the dishwasher is already collected more than normal and this happens before the process of washing dishes. This situation indicates that the dishwasher water level sensor is out of order. This part is located at the bottom of the dishwasher. The sensor is not subject to repair, it must be changed completely, for this, contact the service center if you are not confident in your own abilities.
There may also be a situation when water is collected in the dishwasher even when the power is off. In this case, it is necessary to check whether the solenoid valve is working correctly. After all, this part is responsible for blocking the water supply. You can replace this part yourself, you just need to turn off the dishwasher, remove the broken valve, and put a new part in its place. It is not difficult to find it, because it is located in the place where the filler hose is attached to the body.
If your dishwasher is broken, the right decision will be to seek help from specialists. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company will be happy to help you. Our technicians are experienced in repairing dishwashers of various brands.