The main task of any refrigeration equipment is to cool food while maintaining its freshness and nutrients. However, if the refrigerator suddenly starts to freeze hard, the consequences will be unpleasant. From a strong drop in temperature, the products will simply freeze and become unusable.
The normal temperature in the chamber should be no more than +5 degrees. Below this value, the temperature can only be in the “zero zones”. This temperature is quite enough for food storage. But, there are situations when the refrigerator begins to freeze very strongly. For what reason could this happen and what should be checked?
As simple as it may sound, first you need to check all the settings of your unit. In mechanical models of refrigeration equipment, the regulator should be between 2 and 3.5. Even if it is hot in the house, you do not need to set the regulator to the maximum temperature. After all, a serviceable unit can work normally in any condition. For models with electronic control, the temperature is set in the range from 4 to 6 degrees.
The most common reasons why the refrigerator can freeze food:
– Contaminated drainage hole. In this case, the temperature in the refrigerator decreases, and water accumulates under the boxes of vegetables. This is due to the fact that due to clogged drainage, condensate can not get out of the equipment. It is necessary to remove the blockage and clean the hole.
– Broken thermostat. If this element breaks, the refrigerator board does not receive a signal about reaching the temperature set by the user. Thus, the refrigerator continues to freeze.
– Wear the rubber seal of the refrigerator compartment. If the seal is damaged, warm air enters the chamber, as a result of which the refrigerator begins to freeze even more and a snow “coat” appears on its walls.
– The capillary system of the equipment is clogged. The camera can freeze, but the freezer will be warm. In this case, the motor will function very efficiently, with short interruptions, because it can not drive all the freon through the system. It is necessary to clean the system and recharge the refrigerator with freon.
– Damaged air sensor. It is necessary to reinstall the sensor.
– Broken switching valve. When damaged, such an element is often jammed in the “chamber cooling” position. Because of this, it becomes cold in the refrigerator and very warm in the freezer.
So, as you can see, there can be a lot of reasons for freezing the refrigerator. And if the cause of the breakdown is not the usual clogging, but damage to one of the elements of the refrigerator, it is better to call a competent master.
Whether you can find the breakdown yourself or at some stage of the search call the master – you decide. We only note that in the absence of experience in disassembling and assembling refrigerators, it is better to limit yourself to external inspection and search for simple damage, and then call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company is pleased to offer efficient refrigerator repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well equipped and ready to handle all types of refrigerator repairs, no matter how complex. We strive to provide superior repairs using only the highest quality parts backed by the manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on a refrigerator repair specialist to fix the problem and keep your machine running properly for a long time.