In the process of using the microwave, there are a number of reasons why the technique works, but does not heat the microwave. And the problems in this case do not always lie in broken parts. Among the possible causes of such an operation are:
– A decrease in the voltage level in the network. On the work of the oven and its heating can affect even a slight decrease in the voltage of 20V. As a result, the plate will heat up, but the food in the middle of the plate will not. Such an issue with power outages can be solved in just one day: you just need to pick up and buy a power supply;
– The network is significantly overloaded. In the case where two high-power electric appliances are operating simultaneously from the same socket, overloading is possible. This issue is resolved by installing an additional socket;
– The door of the construction is out of order. If the latches are broken, the door will not close tightly, so the microwave does not heat the food at all or rather weakly. In this case, you can try to repair or replace the latches completely;
– When turning on the oven wrong mode selected. Quite often after using the defrost mode, forget to switch the technique back to the use of microwaves.
Why problems may arise
It is quite important to identify the causes and problems, due to which the microwave stopped heating food. Sometimes the answer lies on the surface, as you have most likely been using the appliance improperly. For the microwave oven to serve you for a long time, it is categorically not recommended:
– Heat food in a container made of metal;
– turning the appliance on empty without immersing food in it;
– cook eggs in their shells;
– place containers with lids in the middle.
Often, the microwave oven works but does not heat the food because some part has malfunctioned. The most common malfunctions occur with the following parts:
First of all, after the design cover is removed, you need to make sure that all the fuses are working properly. If upon inspection you find that the parts are blackened or have burned out threads in them, you should simply replace them. There are usually two fuses inside the heater.
When purchasing a new part, we recommend that you be sure to bring the blown fuse with you. For a temporary solution to the problem, we do not recommend making wire bugs. In this case, there is a risk of fires and fires.
In the case where the device began to hum, there is a possibility that the capacitor has failed. To check its condition, it is enough to take an ohmmeter and connect it to the part. If the capacitor is working, the arrow of the ohmmeter will move, if it stands still, then the part has failed, as a result of which the heater will make a noise.
High Voltage Diode
Quite often the check of this part of the design is not carried out due to the complexity of the procedure itself. Sometimes it is easiest to buy a new part, first making sure that the diode is broken. You can try to check using a capacitor, which should not get hot when turned on. Also among the signs of diode breakage is a hum when switching on.
If during the inspection of the technique no breakage is found, then the cause is probably a faulty magnetron. Evidence of this is the appearance of strong noise and hum during the operation of the oven. If the microwave begins to hum and at the same time does not heat the food, you need to inspect the magnetron and make sure there is no fouling and cracks on it. When the failure cannot be detected visually, we recommend using a measuring device – an ohmmeter. In case the magnetron is burned out, you should purchase the same magnetron. It is important that the new magnetron has the same parameters and size.
Whether you can find the breakdown on your own or at some stage of the search, calling a handyman is up to you. Not only that, in the absence of experience disassembly and assembly of microwaves is better to limit the external examination and search for simple damage, and then call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company is proud to offer efficient microwave repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well-equipped and ready to handle all types of microwave repairs, no matter how complicated they are. We strive to provide excellent repairs using only high-quality replacement parts backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on a microwave repair technician to fix the problem and make sure your microwave will work properly for a long time.