A dishwasher takes pride in place among all kitchen appliances. The unit successfully copes not only with the obvious function (cleaning plates and glasses) but also with the antibacterial treatment of dishes.
Such equipment, like any household appliance, needs regular and proper maintenance. Without proper cleaning, the service life of the unit is reduced by at least 2 times. Lack of care leads to the failure of small and large parts, the replacement of which is an additional financial cost. How to avoid unnecessary expenses, extend the service life and improve the efficiency of the device?
Rules for using a dishwasher
Any modern appliance (for example, a dishwasher) requires careful and regular use. Left to gather dust unattended, the equipment will soon be unable to perform its functions. How to use dishwashers so as not to damage the device?
5 important rules:
- Do not overload the appliance. The characteristics of the unit of any manufacturer necessarily indicate the number of sets of dishes to be loaded. The number can vary from 9 to 16. It is worth paying attention to these parameters to avoid overloading the kitchen equipment.
- Remove large food residues. will help to avoid clogging the machine filters with food waste. Some models have a special pre-soaking mode. This is especially important for pans and pots in which fatty foods were cooked.
- Do not put two-in-one dishes. interferes with the free circulation of water and detergents. The second disadvantage of this method of saving space is the chance of damaging the dishes.
- Do not use non-specialized products. cleaning kitchen utensils should only use detergents intended for use in dishwashers. It is important to observe the required dosage.
- Do not wash utensils not intended for this purpose in the appliance. “No” should be said to the automatic washing of crystal sets, wooden boards for cutting meat/vegetables, and cutlery decorated with wood or mother-of-pearl. Such accessories can not only lose their presentable appearance but also break during cleaning, damaging the internal parts of the appliance with sharp fragments.
After familiarizing yourself with the rules for using the unit, it’s time to move on to ways to care for the dishwasher. Here are some simple steps that will help housewives maintain the “shining” appearance of their “assistant”:
– To eliminate unpleasant odors and prevent their reappearance, as well as to eliminate dirt, you need to wipe the appliance inside with a cloth dipped in vinegar;
– filters and sealing gaskets in the machine need cleaning, for this, you can use ordinary running water, for greater effect – brushes (for example, when cleaning microfilters);
– saucers, cups, spoons, and forks will literally shine if you use a special rinse aid, which is commercially available in the form of a liquid product.
Another “life hack” is to periodically run the dishwasher without filling it with kitchen utensils so that the internal parts are well-washed with water.
Whether you can find the breakdown on your own or at some stage of the search, calling a handyman is up to you. Not only that, but in the absence of experience disassembling and reassembling the dishwasher, it is better to limit the external examination and search for simple damage, and then call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company is proud to offer efficient dishwasher repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well-equipped and ready to handle all types of dishwasher repairs, no matter how complicated they are. We strive to provide excellent repairs using only high-quality replacement parts backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on a dishwasher repair technician to fix the problem and make sure your dishwasher will work properly for a long time.