Cooktop Repair in El Cajon
Cooking hobs help housewives, but they also add problems when they malfunction, provoking serious disasters. To avoid the situations that our ancestors found themselves in, deprived of a comfortable household, you need to troubleshoot your appliances promptly, and return a pleasant predictability to your modern abode. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Center. which has been providing cooktop repair in El Cajon, CA for over 15 years, can help you do just that.
Why contact this particular company?
Our service center provides professional cooktop repairs with home visits. We except for repair glass ceramic hobs of all types, both with mechanical and sensor control, as well as electric cooking plates of all brands, regardless of the complexity of the breakage. Workshop performs the full range of services for the restoration of kitchen surfaces: replacement of burners, heating elements (TEHNs), switches, restoration of electronic boards and control modules, and electronics repair of any complexity.
Causes of malfunction
The hob does not turn on.
There are only two reasons:
- Lack of voltage in the outlet. To check if the socket is working, you can use a multimeter, which will show if there is voltage. A hair dryer or other compact electrical device will also do. The principle of verification is simple: if the unit turns on, there is nothing wrong with the socket, and the cause of the malfunction should be sought in the hob itself.
- Circuit failure. This is a general name that combines a number of problems that provoke the malfunction of the hob. Among them - burnt fuse and broken contact, overheated sensor, faulty cable.
If one of the burners does not work, this situation is provoked by broken contacts leading to the heating element.
The problem can be solved as follows:
- Carefully turn the panel over;
- Examine the contacts;
- If you find the breakage, solder the wires with a soldering iron.
The most common malfunctions
- Failure of heating elements, usually not all at once, but one by one. The way to fix this malfunction is to replace the heating element with a new one.
- Failure of the power module and its components - the breakdown, which occupies the second place in popularity. Usually, the symptoms are switching on and off the burners several times during operation or insufficient heating. It is worth adding that the work of the burner at full power in constant mode also indicates a defective power unit. The way to fix it is to find the defective component and replace it.
- Breakage of the terminal block of the panel - accompanied by melting of the part and disconnection of the panel during operation, especially if several heating elements are involved. Remedies by replacing the terminal block with a new one. The fuse of the hob burned out - manifested as a sharp disconnection of the entire device. Repaired by replacing the fuse (usually located on the input wire to the hob).
- Breakdown of the controls of the cooktop, such as mechanical power switches or touch control modules can cause the inoperability of one or more burners, as well as a complete shutdown of the device.
- Lack of indication is a common cause due to burnout of indicators, breakage of display unit or pins from the burner sensor. Repaired by replacing the defective parts or modular replacement of entire units.
The indoor gas equipment in apartments requires special attention due to the explosive nature of the fuel used. At the slightest malfunction it becomes a source of serious problems, which is why cooktop services in apartments are legally regulated
For 15 years our company has employed only the most experienced qualified professionals. If you have any problems, you can contact us by calling us at the number listed on our website or leave a completed form on our website and your problem will be resolved immediately. We perform El Cajon Cooktop repair and service at home, but in some severe cases we may require you to bring your unit to our workshop which may take several days (up to a week), depending on the complexity of the work. So, if you need any type of cooktop repair, we recommend contacting Chula Vista Appliance Repair Center!
For more than 15 years, we have been leading the appliance repair market in San Diego County thanks to our advantages.
Our team has specialists with over 25 years of experience in the repair of all popular brands and models of household appliances.
Work done on Time
We always come to the address at the indicated time and make appliance repairs on clearly agreed terms.
24/7 Emergency Service
We know what inconvenience unexpectedly broken household appliances can bring, so we provide an urgent repair service.
Our experts always offer optimal solutions in price and quality, completely taking into account the customer's wishes.