Freezer Repair in El Cajon
The freezer is one of the most popular and beloved appliances in any home. Freezer makes life easier (especially for large families) and saves a great budget and time for housewives. But when your freezer breaks down and stops freezing, quick repairs come to the fore. There are experts who know everything about freezers and will quickly fix any breakdown in a matter of hours. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Center is a true first responder for your appliances. Our specialists will provide specialized freezer repair in El Cajon, CA.
Common breakdowns and their causes
- Freezer does not turn on. The most common causes are the wiring or plug of the refrigerator is faulty, there is no voltage in the electrical system, the compressor or the main module does not work. If the compressor is broken, you cannot do without the help of a specialist and freezer services.
- Weak cooling of the freezer compartment. The reason lies in the malfunction or in the wrong position of the thermostat. If the standard low temperature in the freezer is maintained, most likely there is a freon leak. It simply needs to be topped up/refilled.
- Freezing of the freezer compartment. In this case the malfunction consists in bad work of the thermostat relay. Because of this also happens the appearance of frost and ice in the back of the refrigerating chamber. It is necessary to replace the device or repair it.
- The freezer constantly operates (without shutdowns). High probability that freon leakage has occurred. In order not to overheat the freezer, it is strongly recommended to disconnect it from the network and call our masters as soon as possible for freezer repairs.
- The freezer shuts down immediately after being switched on. The problem lies in the faulty starting protection relay, which must be replaced. Also considered the option of compressor failure, but this is a less likely cause.
- The indicators do not work. There may be several reasons for this malfunction. Most likely just burned-out bulbs and need to be replaced. Also, the problem can hide in the electrical module of the refrigerator or in the control module.
- Worn gaskets on the doors.
Due to frequent opening and closing of the doors, the rubber gaskets on them are rubbed, cracked, and delaminated. As a result, the freezing chamber does not close hermetically and the cold air leaks out. In addition, ice forms inside the refrigerating chamber due to the formation of condensation inside. This is fraught with breakdown of the compressor motor, failure of the control electronics, and other problems.
Preventing freezer breakdowns
- At least twice a year, you should completely defrost your freezer. After defrosting, it should be thoroughly washed and dried so that no ice will form on the walls after switching on.
- The doors should not be left open for too long. This is important because the temperature difference between the freezer and the room is large. In order to work as efficiently as possible, condensation does not form inside it.
- The freezer should not be overloaded. This applies to both domestic models and large chambers used in warehouses, retail establishments, etc. In order for the compressor motor to maintain the set temperature, it is important to evenly distribute the food inside the chamber, filling it so that a certain amount of free space remains inside it.
If you're experiencing a breakdown in your freezer, the experts at Chula Vista Appliance Repair Center are here to help. For over 15 years, our technicians have been skilled in repairing and preventing appliances of any complexity. Contact us and the handyman at El Cajon freezer repair and service.
For more than 15 years, we have been leading the appliance repair market in San Diego County thanks to our advantages.
Our team has specialists with over 25 years of experience in the repair of all popular brands and models of household appliances.
Work done on Time
We always come to the address at the indicated time and make appliance repairs on clearly agreed terms.
24/7 Emergency Service
We know what inconvenience unexpectedly broken household appliances can bring, so we provide an urgent repair service.
Our experts always offer optimal solutions in price and quality, completely taking into account the customer's wishes.