Sometimes users of induction hobs face the problem of not determining the dishes by the device. In most cases, the induction stove does not see dishes made only from unsuitable materials. The problem may be caused by the shape of the dishes. However, there is a possibility of a malfunction of the equipment itself.
What dishes can be seen by an induction stove?
Cookware that meets the following requirements is suitable for induction jobs:
– effective consumption of energy from the vortex field. This parameter is primarily determined by the material. Not all materials are compatible with induction hobs. The optimal option is steel;
– too tight fit of the bottom to the work surface.
It is recommended to use stainless steel containers. Cast iron options and other magnetic alloys are also suitable. In addition to the material of manufacture, the following characteristics of the dishes should be taken into account:
– bottom thickness. It is desirable to use containers with a bottom thickness of at least 3 mm;
– the minimum diameter of the container is 12 cm;
– even and smooth outer side of the bottom. If the bottom is polished poorly, the efficiency of the cooking surface is reduced.
What dishes the induction stove does not see
The key factor is the manufacturing material, the metal alloy must be magnetic. Otherwise, the induction hob will not be able to recognize the capacity. Accordingly, heating inside will not occur. However, in certain cases, the device may not recognize even stainless steel containers with a flat bottom. As a rule, this is due to impurities in the alloy. Utensils can be made of metal of different samples, as a result of which there is a risk of non-recognition.
Important! Practically all induction hobs do not determine dishes made of copper, aluminum, glass, and ceramics.
Mismatched sizes can also be the reason for not identifying the dishes. Irregularities and roughness of the bottom are defects that negatively affect the performance of the induction hob.
Possible reasons why the induction cooker does not see suitable dishes
If the induction cooker does not identify suitable dishes, the reason may be a breakdown or the characteristics of the equipment itself. Several common reasons can be distinguished:
– the device is not initially designed to work with certain alloys;
– malfunction of the connecting connector. Most often, it is manifested by the inoperability of one of the burners;
– the thermal sensor failed. In this case, the unit will not display the final heat;
– insufficient adhesion of the induction module to the plate surface;
– when the left burner is inoperable, the fault usually lies in the electrical wiring inside the device. If the right burner does not work, the cause may be contact connections;
– the working surface of the unit is excessively clogged, as a result of which the sensor does not detect the presence of dishes on the panel;
– malfunction of the control unit.
Advice! You can check the functionality of the hotplate with the help of a magnet. The ego must be brought to the surface.
Whether you can find the breakdown on your own or at some stage of the search, calling a handyman is up to you. Not only that in the absence of experience disassembly and assembly of induction cookers, it is also better to limit the external examination and search for simple damage, and then call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company proudly offers efficient induction cooker repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well-equipped and ready to handle all types of induction cooker repairs, no matter how complicated they are. We strive to provide excellent repairs using only high-quality replacement parts backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on an induction cooker repair technician to fix the problem and make sure your induction cooker will work properly for a long time.