The compressor is without a doubt the main component of any refrigeration unit and is designed to freeze, cool, and circulate freon through the system. Malfunctions in its operation may cause ice or frost to form in the refrigerator.
But like any other device, it can break. Consider its possible malfunctions:
– the compressor is located on the reverse side at the bottom, under normal conditions it works quietly and is almost inaudible. But it can create vibration, which is transmitted through the tube to the radiator. This produces a metallic ringing sound. This sound is especially audible in the silence. Any material that will dampen vibration can be applied to the tube. For example, apply heat-insulating material to water supply pipes and secure them with ties, as shown in the photo.
– buzzing sounds occur when starting and turning off the compressor, if such sounds are present, then this is a normal phenomenon in the operation of the device
– the sound of gurgling indicates the residual circulation of the refrigerant after it is turned off
– the water tray and the compressor are very close to each other. If so, you need to increase the distance between them.
– if you have a two-compressor unit, then it usually works much louder than a regular refrigerator.
check whether the compressor is properly fixed to the refrigerator body. Over time, it happens that the fasteners weaken. For a more secure fixation, you can use ordinary plastic ties.
If you have a new refrigerator or have just purchased it:
– make sure that the device is level with respect to the floor in all planes. Adjust the legs if necessary.
– if the unit starts to buzz and make a loud sound, then it may not be connected to the water, and the ice maker is turned on. At the same time, you can hear the click of the water supply valve to the ice maker and the sound of the finished ice cubes falling from the ice maker to the storage tank.
Noise fan in No Frost fridge
There may be several reasons for this and not all of them indicate its breakdown. If the unit is new and this is your first dry freeze refrigerator, it will be louder than units that use drip defrost. And if you do not hear a rattle, then do not worry.
Otherwise, it is better to call a specialist for fault diagnosis and repair. A possible reason may be a worn-out fan, an evaporator heating element, ice freezing on which the fan blades cling, and other components.
Whether you can find the breakdown on your own or at some stage of the search, calling a handyman is up to you. Not only that in the absence of experience disassembly and assembly of the refrigerator is better to limit the external examination and search for simple damage, and then call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company is proud to offer efficient refrigerator repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well-equipped and ready to handle all types of refrigerator repairs, no matter how complicated they are. We strive to provide excellent repairs using only high-quality replacement parts backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on a refrigerator repair technician to fix the problem and make sure your refrigerator will work properly for a long time.