Noise, when the refrigerator is turned on, is not considered a serious problem – it is usually caused by the starting current needed to start the compressor rotor. But if the extraneous rattling noise also occurs when the refrigerator is turned off, there is a possibility that the refrigerant tubes are touching the casing or frame. You can reduce or completely eliminate the noise by locating the place of contact and fixing the problem manually.
The refrigerator can be noisy and humming nonstop due to compressor wear and tear – play, piston or piston ring abrasion. No model is immune to such humming, including products of the popular brand Indesit. If the parts are badly worn, engine decompression occurs. In this case, in addition to extraneous sounds, there is an increase in the running time of the motor. Eliminate the problem by repairing or replacing the motor.
Among other basic situations, the following can be distinguished:
1. the technique makes a lot of noise not only at the beginning of work but also when turning off – the reason may be the weakened shock absorbers of the compressor. Because of this, the vibration of the motor becomes more noticeable, and the noise is stronger exactly when stopping. The noise should be reduced by adjusting the shock absorbers.
2. If the noise has appeared in the new refrigerator, the reason can be the most prosaic – shipping bolts are not removed from the compressor.
3. The equipment starts to shake and hum after moving or installing it in a new place, it is worth checking its position on the floor. The equipment may need to be adjusted.
4. Extraneous sounds are heard after closing the door, – in the refrigerator loaded a lot of products, so the motor begins to reduce the temperature to a predetermined level. The same reason for the sounds that appear after defrosting any model – for example Bosch.
5. Noise that appears after freon loading can be an indication of excessive refrigerant loading.
The owners of popular brands of refrigerators can also face such a problem as extraneous noises when filling the ice generator. It occurs because of the mineral deposits accumulated inside the valve. The only thing to do here is to have the clogged part replaced.
Whether you will be able to find the breakage yourself or at some stage of the search call the master is up to you to decide. We shall only note that in the absence of experience in the disassembly and assembly of refrigerators it is better to limit the external examination and search for the simple damages, and then to call our master. Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company is happy to offer efficient refrigerator repair services in and around San Diego County. Our team of experts is well-equipped and ready to handle all types of refrigerator repairs, regardless of their complexity. We strive to provide superior repairs using only high-quality replacement parts backed by a manufacturer’s warranty, so you can rely on a refrigerator repair technician to fix the problem and keep your refrigerator working properly for a long time.