The refrigerator is one of those appliances that are so important in our daily lives. Unfortunately, however, refrigerators, like any other appliance, can break down, and as always, at the most inopportune moment.
Faulty refrigerators cycle for 12-20 minutes, during which time it reaches the desired temperature and then shuts off. If the unit does not turn off, it may get either too much frost or, conversely, too little frost, resulting in it not reaching the desired temperature. So keep in mind the possible causes in each case.
Refrigerator freezes but doesn’t turn off – causes:
- Check the set temperature mode, perhaps it is set to the maximum, or the super-freezing mode is on.
- The thermostat is defective, causing the refrigerator to not inform you that the desired temperature has been reached, so the motor continues to freeze.
Refrigerator runs constantly, does not turn off, but slightly cools – causes:
- Damaged or worn rubber seal on the refrigerator door, causing the chamber to fall out of the refrigerator and warm air to force it to run constantly.
- Refrigerant leakage, resulting in less refrigerant, causing the refrigerator to run cold.
- Compressor motor wear and tear or damage, causing it to fail to reach the set temperature.
Refrigerator won’t shut off – what to do?
First of all, you need to find out the position of the thermostat and close the refrigerator door tightly. In addition, the cause of the fact that the refrigerator constantly works, but does not turn off, can be high temperature in the room, the placement of the refrigerator near radiators or heaters. In this case, it is necessary to ensure sufficient ventilation and move the device to another place. If you have tried all the methods, and even after defrosting the refrigerator continues to work constantly – you should not use risky methods and it is better to contact Chula Vista Appliance Repair Company.
Our team is here for you to help you out with your fridge door repair. We are value your time and money, so we suggest you make an appointment with our technician to identify, assess and fix the problem in a timely manner. We are waiting for your call!